A project of the Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice, Inc.
Earth Charter Principle 16-f guides the work of the global Earth Charter movement in 2016. You can read the full Earth Charter.
Recognize that peace is the wholeness created by right relationships with oneself, other persons, other cultures, other life, Earth, and the larger whole of which all are a part.
For more information, contact Sue Blythe <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The Florida Earth Charter Initiative starts the year with activities to support the interfaith climate movement. We invite you to participate as an individual or congregation.
Florida Coalition for Peace and Justice is proud to present
SHARING OUR GIFTS
FOR LIFE ON EARTH
2015 COMMUNITY-WIDE EARTH CHARTER CONVERSATION
Our first community-wide Earth Charter Conversation engaged more than 30 individuals and organizations in discussion of how they are bringing the Earth Charter to life in North Central Florida. These are some of the results:
JOIN THE EARTH CHARTER MOVEMENT! Register now for more information on how you can participate.
Image above from Sprouts! eco-friendly greeting cards that grow flowers www.sproutem.com
Earth Charter Game
We've played the Earth Charter Game with schools and community groups. Produced by Harmonia na Terra in Brazil, the game is suitable for ages 9 and up. Players collaborate to care for the environment and the community of life on Earth. In the process, they practice Earth Charter principles for a sustainable, just and peaceful world. Earth Charter Game night at your organization upon request. Ask for details on how to order your own Earth Charter Game.
Illuminating the Earth Charter Show!
In our inter-generational TV-style game show, players document ways that individual members and organizations as a whole are working for a sustainable, just and peaceful future. Short video interviews, submitted to our website, illustrate the many ways people in Alachua and Bradford counties are living the principles of the Earth Charter. All projects due by November 15. Winning entries will be announced in December and will be included in the 2015 Gift for the Earth, Our Home.
Sunday June 21 - UUFG and the Earth Charter
UUFG is supporting the Florida Coalition for Peace and Justice community-wide Earth Charter initiative, offering several activities for their congregation through the Social Justice Circle. Sue Blythe presented the Earth Charter as a tool for building community in a changing climate. She shared her experience at Earth Charter International at the University for Peace.
Friday, June 5 - FutureFlash! Project and the Earth Charter Initiative
Statewide Earth Charter Initiative of the Florida Coalition for Peace and Justice
submitted by the Earth Charter Team: Sue Blythe, Judy Kraft, Cathy Still and Al Geiger December 2015
The Earth Charter was launched in the year 2000 at the Peace Palace in The Hague, Netherlands. In 2015 Earth Charter International, at the University for Peace in Costa Rica, is celebrating the 15th Anniversary with a year-long series of courses, webinars and contests.
The Earth Charter Team of the Florida Coalition for Peace and Justice is sponsoring a statewide initiative for Earth Charter +15. It will include these components:
1. Earth Charter Affiliation - signed agreement with Earth Charter International, based on bullet points (in previous email).
2. Newsletter Articles - a monthly article will educate readers about different aspects of the Earth Charter, featuring resources, including FutureFlash! Project, and ideas for local activities.
3. Earth Charter events in at least three areas in Florida, including Gainesville/Alachua and Bradford Counties. These will be initiated by individuals, arising organically from their work with local individuals and organizations. - Sue, Interfaith Climate Group - Kathy, library and/or political group - (possibly) Judy, to be determined.
4. Development of the FutureFlash! Project, based on the Earth Charter. Sue Blythe will maintain fiscal sponsorship with EarthAction Network, and work with FCPJ to provide activities to support the statewide Earth Charter initiative. These could include: Family Workshops and Retreats Teacher Workshops Fundraising Events to benefit both FFP and FCPJ Grants When funds are available to remunerate Sue Blythe for services, she will step off the Board.
5. FCPJ will promote FutureFlash! activities through the newsletter and at events.